Monday, January 17, 2011

Check Check

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to check in since I haven't posted for a while. We went to the Arenal volcano this weekend, but it rained the whole time so we never actually saw the volcano. It was a beautiful place, though, with lots of lush vegetation. Our hotel was on a hillside, with a view of this expansive green valley (when there weren't clouds) and it also had several pools with waterslides, naturally heated by the volcanic hot springs. It was relaxing, but also really moist. Everyone felt soggy by the end of the weekend. I will try to find time to play catch up and post a lot of pictures. I need to stay on top of things, because this week I am going to:

-Thursday- the zoo (with my art class). We are going to compare the representations that we saw at the gold museum last week to the actual animals.
-Friday- several of the Spanish classes are going to the Children's Museum. We have to view certain exhibits and give our final presentations about them next week.
-Weekend- Monteverde Cloud Forest! EEEK, can't wait! Canopy tour, etc.

Oh and here's a fun Costa Rican slang word that my family taught me: chunche (pronounced: CHOON-CHAY). They use it to refer to any "thing" that may not have a specific name, like a remote control or a phone charger. I've also heard it used to describe girls when they are wearing revealing clothing. So don't let your "chunche" hang out.

Loves

PS: Once again, my phone is not working. I forgot the SIM password and after 3 unsuccessful attempts, it locked me out permanently. So now my family is trying to contact the phone's previous owner for the override code. Kinda annoying

No comments: