Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pox & Parrots

I may or may not have small pox of the face.

Okay, there's like a 100% chance that I don't have small pox of the face. SOMETHING has happened to it, though. For the past few years (since I took Accutane), my skin has been pretty good. I seldom have more than one problem area. However, this week, my face has exploded. Seriously, there are like 9 or 10 very obvious pimples all over the place. I think they were probably caused by the sunscreen/sand/humidity/etc. of last weekend. I'm just slightly paranoid, though, because a fellow student told me that her friend got a skin parasite from the sand on one of the beaches here and it caused severe reaction on her face. Eeeek!

In other news, my conversation class took a field trip to the University of Costa Rica this morning. We listened to a discussion about political and economic relations between Costa Rica and the U.S. It was fairly interesting, although somewhat hard to follow for over an hour in Spanish. The best part: little empanadas and lemon tartlets at the end! I also ate lunch at a bagel shop and had a sandwich with real, solid cheese! That's one of the foods I really miss here...they have very soft, spongy cheese here, and it just isn't that good on sandwiches.

PS: While I was writing this, a flock of parrots landed in the tree outside my window. There were about 15 bright green birds, qué bonitos!




Gratuitous picture of Frosty. I can't get enough!

2 comments:

Mama Larky said...

Hi Cookie, Who is Frosty? Is it your Tico's dog? So cute. I hope your skin clears up. I love hearing about your days.
Love,
Mama Larky, "pipi"

Mikey Larky said...

Yes, mama pipi, Frosty is their dog. He has really perky yet floppy ears, so he's kind of awesome.