Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recap

My weekend and week have been much better than last Friday. I have felt totally fine since the hospital, well besides being a giant sleep monster all the time. Here's a recap:

Weekend-
I stayed in San José last weekend, which was a nice change. Highlights included going out to the bars on Saturday with Jessica, buying running shoes so I can work out once in a while (yay!), and a dinner adventure in the hills outside of town. We went to a restaurant that was actually on the same hill as the one I visited on my second night in Costa Rica. This time, though, I went with friends and it took a lot of planning (walking, plus two separate buses) to get there. Dinner was really delicious and so was the view. Getting back was a challenge, though, because we had to wait on the side of the road (in the dark) for a bus. I also discovered a store that is a total danger zone for me: Zara. It's like an H&M but better quality and they actually have a decent selection of things in my size. I didn't buy anything, but I have my eye on some shoes! Normally, I eat out every day for lunch, but I'm trying to cut back so I can buy some clothes. That means peanut butter sandwiches everyday...woohoo!


Someone told me I seemed Italian...
That's much better than "you look like a farmer"!


Me, Jessica, Katie, Aubrey


Gorgeous

This week-
This week has gone by so fast, but there is so much to do! I have to give a forty five minute presentation on Friday in my conversation class. Jessica, Emily, and I are preparing a really obnoxious fake news/talk show. Tomorrow we are going to visit a university in Heredia, a neighboring city. I'm also going to attempt to get my haircut...which will require me to give instructions in Spanish. Wish me luck! That's another thing; I feel like I have kind of plateaued with my Spanish speaking. Part of that is because my class is so conversation oriented that I just feel very hyper-conscious of my speaking skills and afraid to to make mistakes. I'll get over that, though. What else...well, the kids in my family are starting school tomorrow. Tonight, the girls are decorating all their new notebooks and organizing their supplies. They're precious. Okay, I think that's all. Hopefully I will do something exciting with my family this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that view! Ah, the Zara...I probably went in there 5x in France! :) I got some pants (since I only had 2 pairs with me) and this super gorgeous top, wine colored with black sheet overlay and embroidery...it's like European Banana Republic. I think there is one in NY now, yes?
Anyway, don't shop too much, I'd hate to miss all your yummy food posts! Photos of PB sandwiches leave something to be desired.
Jaimito

Mikey Larky said...

Ahh yes, it's such an awesome store! And don't worry, I will keep the food posts coming! Loves

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael: It's your slow Aunt Carrie. I've been reading all your posts but just saw that I can comment. Of course I finally just got text service also so that sums it up!!! It's fun following your blogs. Sounds like you are having a great time and some good experiences. Be safe!
Happy Valentine's Day and licks from Cruiser!

Hugh 'n Sandy said...

You do look Italian. Sorry we weren't able to connect in San Jose. We did have a great time mingling with all the ticos and ticas. Loves the sweet fresh fruits. We van appreciate why you chose CR and why you are liking it there.

Uncle H