Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Passed!!!



Oh herro, this is me in my teacher clothes! I taught my first observation lesson yesterday and it went really well. We have two observations in this practicum where one of our Western professors comes to class and evaluates us. We use the SIOP (Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol) teaching method, so we are evaluated with this comprehensive form with like thirty different points. So basically, it is a lot of stuff to keep in mind!

I passed, though! My teacher had some constructive criticism, of course, but she also said my lesson was one of the best practicum lessons she has ever seen in Mexico. Yay! I owe a big thanks to my wonderful students and mentor teachers. Now, of course, my professor expects me to do just as well on the second one, so that's a lot of pressure. Glad I passed, though!



This is Teresa, my host mom.

She looked so cute yesterday as she set up for her weekly girls' night. She plays cards with a group of seven other friends every Tuesday. They play at a different house every time, so when it is her turn to host(roughly every two months) it's a big deal! She spent so long cleaning and rearranging furniture, kind of like when you have a PEO meeting or ladies lunch in the States, Grandma! The setup was so cute...each table had a tray with a bowl of cheetos and gumdrops for her friends. She's a precious little abuelita! (I miss my real grandma, though!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so good in a tie! Sounds like all is well. "Y'all learn them kids real good now!" Miss you!--DAD

Anonymous said...

Mmmmkay....you look like a bona fide teacher! Sounds like you are doing awesome, keep posting for us! Love you,
Jaimito