Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First 2 Days in Class

...and it´s great! The fifth graders are so sweet and cute and they know a lot of English! The main teacher, Olga, did a great job creating a welcoming environment for them on the first day. I haven´t done any teaching yet, just observing, but I am preparing for my first lesson tomorrow. I am using an article from their workbook about Miley Cyrus (yes, THAT Miley Cyrus) to teach about adjectives and other things. It should be fun!

If I weren´t working in an internet cafe with a suuuuper slow connection, I would add pictures of my first day outfit. My professor told me I looked ¨beautiful¨ haha. She also told me that my mentor teacher is one of the best, so I hope to learn a lot from her!

Other than that, not too much is going on. I have only gone out one night, because I have to get up super early. We went to some REALLY classy clubs this weekend, though. Like more luxurious than any I have been to in the U.S. or Canada. (Of course, that comes with a price...hello $10 cover and $80 bottle service! Good thing there was a big group of us to split that.) Things are also fine with my host mom. She sometimes annoys me because she is forgetful and also likes to spray insecticide a lot, but she is so sweet I can´t be mad at her. She also makes me sweet little fruit platters every morning for breakfast...guava and cantaloupe this morning :)

Well, wish me luck on my lesson! It´s preparation for my big observation next Tuesday!

P.S. I got A´s in all 4 of my other classes this summer. BOOM.

Love you all!!!

P.P.S. My lack of regular internet, plus the fact that I am consumed with my own lessons is leaving me out of the loop about all your lives and current events back home. If anyone has news to share, just drop it in the comments; I would love to read it!

2 comments:

Madre Robin said...

Love you Michael! So glad you like your teaching assignment. Not much new here...still need to check on the Verizon service. I will send you pictures of my new classroom, soon! Mom

Mikey Larky said...

Love you too! Yes, send me pichas, I want to see them! You start school next week, right?